Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options
1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Thunderstorm warning for Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Wicklow

Met Éireann Weather Warning

This evening and early tonight - Moderate chance of isolated thunderstorms in Kildare, Dublin, north wicklow and south Meath.

Possible impacts:
    Surface flooding,
    Poor visibility
    Difficult travelling conditions

Valid: 19:49 Monday 22/07/2024 to 23:00 Monday 22/07/2024

Issued: 19:50 Monday 22/07/2024

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dazler97

As I said before I think warnings ⚠️ should be covered by area not counties, it would make so much sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭pureza

Should met Éireann be renamed as a weather reporting as opposed to a weather forecasting service ,given the frequent late arrival of their warnings on thunder ?

Still a fine evening here in south Wicklow btw

High of 22.9 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Hammering down, few claps of thunder. N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Pointless yellow warnings given in a Nowcast situation leads to Weather warning fatigue. Joanna predicted the heavier spell of rain in the central eastern area just fine in last night's forecast. No need for these yellow warnings in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dazler97

High was 19c here in carrick today but still feels warm now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

anyone know what the forecast is for this Saturday around the NASS area by any chance?
    Also can anyone recommend a good weather forecasting app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

unbelievable! what was looking like torrential rain heading for Dublin I end up with a pathetic 2mm!
    out with the hose tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Well, it reached Lucan - absolutely lashed! Big puddles, water pooling on the roads temporarily. It's amazing the effect the few wet spells have had on the garden in only a week. Flowers finally blooming - so late in the summer, but finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Incèsaant rain Meath since 630pm

Help..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Decent spill of rain here in Meath. There will be some flush of growth with tomorrow's sun.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ditto in Greystones. 11.8mm so far. Rain started just after 8pm.

Advertisement