Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Pleasant day so far around Maynooth. Dry, light breeze, only light cloud cover with some glimpses of sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Any idea of the look ahead to tomorrow for the naas area?
    Looking for some nice thermals and clearish skies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭appledrop

Out in Malahide Castle today, two rain showers so far, thankful they were quick so sheltered in trees.

Warm when sun is out( for 5 mins😄) fresher than other days when it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Robwindstorm

You'll soon have a big birthday cake with 50 candles on it. 😂

I member that '85 storm. It's funny how us all of a certain vintage remember cowering under the blankets with the cracks of thunder.

You'll soon have a big birthday cake with 50 candles on it. 😂

I member that '85 storm. It's funny how us all of a certain vintage remember cowering under the blankets with the cracks of thunder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Showers earlier around Tralee, you would be mindful to have a jacket if going out walking but nice sunny spells. Very Irish weather with pockets of warmth around the town and cool breeze when turning a corner but overall a grand day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I was 11 at the time and found it scary but exciting. Our poor dog was shaking with fear, scared sh#tless. The torrential downpours stick in the memory aswell.

You must have a big birthday cake too Bill 😋

Had a couple of showers here in Meath today but warm spells of sunshine too. I cut the grass between my new tree plantation yesterday and hope to make some loose hay of it, weather permitting .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Billcarson

That was last October. Coming up to 51 :( I turned 12 in October 85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Not a bad day in a mobile home on the Dingle peninsula. A couple very short rain showers but pleasant enough overall. Kids playing outside. I went in for a dip and having a beer out on the deck. I’ll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Jekyll and Hyde day. Sunny then raining while sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Have missed all showers so far in my location in Meath. Feels humid.

We had two torrential downpours in Malahide Castle before we headed home.

Thankfully all us regulars in playground knew exactly what trees to shelter under until the dash to the car before heading home. The whole place was drenched in 5 minutes.

That's 4 rain showers we had during our day out, the joys of an Irish summer.

I'm dreading when the toddler no longer needs the buggy. Today I had raincoats, hoodies, snacks, drinks, suncream, sunhats, umbrella all stored in it and I used every single one at various points today😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Ah thankfully the rain has started in South Wicklow. I thought we were going to have a fully dry day with sunny spells and was getting worried.

Well at least we are not the only one getting the bad weather, raining in Paris for Olympic opening ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

another downpour heading for north Dublin on the radar, the M50 seems to be the boundary - heavy showers north of it and completely dry south of it, been like that all day.

The downpour in Paris is now so bad you can hear it really clearly on the camera mics😂

It's like a wet St. Patrick's Day parade.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Missed the showers in Greystones (so far). Dry day.

Not just Ireland. Lashing rain at Olympic opening ceremony at the moment.

Not sure they took rain into account when planning the sound as can really here the rain over the performances!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Sun appeared as usual around 5 for half an hour in Cork City it stuck 2 fingers up and disappeared to grey smog a half an hour later complete rubbish I wouldnt call it a summer in Cork just utter grey and wind and rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Absolutely torrential rain here in South Kildare, about 12mm in just 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Outlook isn't looking to bad I'd take that anyday , looks like their could be some thunderstorms as well next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

In just the past year alone, I've gotten them with fogbow, nacreous clouds, snow, noctilucent clouds, the sun and the moon. Missing a good rainbow, lightning and aurora. Somebody managed to hit luck with lightning over them from July 2022 and another photographer got the aurora with them in May 2024.

The fogbow and noctilucent clouds are my proudest. The fogbow was on that exceptionally warm October day last year when the southeasterly wind ushered in the usual sea fog outbreak and the day reached 23 degrees Celsius. I doubt I'll see an October day as remarkably warm as that again and coming after the equally remarkable September heat too in the same season. Then the noctilucent clouds have been from this summer which was expected to be a poor season for them given the solar max increasing mesospheric temperatures but theories suggest this season has been an excellent one compared to past high solar activity seasons due to effects from Hunga Tonga eruption from January 2022. There was a superb one that some posters posted about on 26th June which Dublin was mostly clouded out for. I like how each image is a return ticket to a particular day or period that I can relate back to the weather in some way.

They're stunning. They make the towers proud and majestic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lashing rain Meath. Think when it passes in next hour, that next few days maybe dry? Will se see any blue skies though.

Even the French know how we feel. It's still raining there on waking, after getting soaked at their ceremony in Paris last night.

13⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

chucking it down in rathfarnham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭OldRio

Very heavy frequent showers yesterday followed by constant rain during the night. Drizzle this morning. Dreadful.

Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Last of the rain clearing. Thankfully we are looking at a nice few day from lunchtime onwards. N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭kingshankly

yesterday mt forecast for this afternoon “hazy sunny conditions “ now it’s “ breezy and cloudy “ it’s mad 24 hours isn’t even reliable now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

I’m sure it’ll turn out to be a lovely evening but right now it’s poring with rain. Could we not get one day with blue skies and a warm sun?

Advertisement