Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Hopefully a couple of major Atlantic hurricanes will flip all them charts Gonzo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

for those who worry about being away when the “good” weather comes at the start of September. Few things to remember. It won’t be near as good as where you are. It also probably won’t happen and you are on holidays no work no hassle just enjoy in the knowledge so that you are not being ripped off.

Another windy cloudy day. Ridiculous doesn’t even describe it anymore but here we are. When it was rubbish in June and July we were told August would come good 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Some very heavy bursts of rain . Not sure what blue indicates as it isn’t listed below.

Big contrast in rainfall totals over this past 7 days. Belmullet had slightly over 17 times the rainfall of Dublin.

Over the past seven days, rainfall amounts were well below average across much of Ireland with the exception of west and northwest fringes which saw nearly 3 times the average. It was wettest in Belmullet, Co. Mayo where 62.4 mm were recorded (296% of average). It was driest in the east and southeast with 3.6mm of rainfall recorded in Dublin Airport (24% of average). It will continue unsettled in the week ahead. There will be showers about over the next couple of days with a more persistent spell of rain on Sunday, after which a mixed and unsettled outlook looks set to remain. Rainfall amounts will be above average in the west and north as a result, with rainfall projections set to range from 1.5 to over 2.5 times normal for early to mid-August in these areas, it's expected to be drier than average in the midlands and east.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,100 ✭✭✭pauldry

This patchy rain really bucketing. At least Met Eireann have a 100 percent record now. 100 percent wrong .

8.9mm of rain in Newport past hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met Eireann caught today in the W/NW

Knock Airport currently reporting Heavy Rain with just over 1km visibility

EIKN 081300Z 20008KT 150V270 1200 +RA OVC002 15/15 Q1002 TEMPO 0800

Sligo reporting moderate rain

EISG 081330Z 15005KT 110V190 4000 RA SCT009 OVC026 15///

Some of the patchy rain currently.

Imagine having a function today (or any day) and depending on Met Eireann for forecast. Well guests Met Eireann say patchy rain wel be grand. 1hr later all your guests drenched.

They updated the text forecast around 2pm but it was much the same. In the last 30 minutes they updated it again to change it.

Mostly cloudy with outbreaks of rain and drizzle. The rain heavy and intense in the north and west for a time with localised flooding possible and a chance of hail.

Do they want to change it again?

And the weather forecast

You'll get soaked and then wel tell you it's raining.

Flooding in places after that. Bad road conditions also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Spitting rain in south Dublin on and off but the raindrops are huge.

They put it up on Twitter/ X from time to time. I stick to Net Weather mostly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Down here near skibbereen on holidays. Wet dull misty day here ,but in the form of drizzle that isn't showing up on the radar.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Generally fine day in Greystones with some hazy/milky sunshine. 22c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Grey, damp, rain/drizzle all day here in West Clare. ME forecast was 5→10% chance of rain so way off

Heading to Spain for the last two weeks of August and can't wait.

I'm not one of these people who will be miserable if they miss out on good weather at home - I really do hope it picks up for everyone's sake. A couple of weeks of good weather really lifts everyone's spirits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Oh nice, didn't realise NetWeather finally added the Shannon radar back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Please bring Gerry Murphy with you. He might bring the jetstream with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,905 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Warm , windy and touch of light drizzle down by North Bull Wall this evening .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I think the weather has been quite nice last week or two in Dublin, pretty much most days in the low 20s, quite balmy and even now while cloudy its 22 degrees. I think its been pretty decent dry warm weather if not particularly sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Dazler97

This is why I miss Dublin you guys get it so good here in the northwest I don't think there's been a 3 day break from the rain maybe once in July that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

I love how Met Éireann promised a bit of light rain today after the morning in the West but in actual fact it was monsoon like conditions outside for much of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The wind, the drizzle.

Galway City Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Similar situation here in Wicklow in terms of the forecast. We were supposed to be dry for the evening here but instead it's been raining lightly but consistently all evening, the place is saturated outside but if Met Eireann were to be believed it should be a nice dry night now. Even on the radar there's no rain showing but out my window there certainly is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Isn’t there another thread for Met Éireann moans? Every second post these days in here would be better suited to that one.

There is but today they were wrong and very poor as of late. Back on topic next few days better for most (would not be hard). Sunday warm and breezy , rain staying off the west coast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Not particularly warm this morning, blustery. 14c N Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well I was caught out by the rain yesterday. I foolishly checked on our country's meteorological service. Silly me. Biblical rain yesterday. Flooding on the roads. Visibility poor. And yet M. E. forecast........ Cloudy and showers on the day.

Anyway. Pleasant morning. 12C and sun although the wind is fairly strong and cool. Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭V6400

7 o'clock Thursday morning ME had 0.5mm forecasted for here until Sunday evening, 7 o'clock Friday morning 12mm in the rain gauge. Time to stop wasting money on ME, the amateurs do a better job.

Advertisement