Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus has thieves on its buses

• 01-06-2024 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,881 ✭✭✭✭

Dublin Bus has ordered its drivers to warn passengers that a group of organised pickpocketsare stealing from people on their routes.

one frustrated driver said: “It’s been going on for about a year or a year and a half now. It became clear to me the same ladies are coming on with woolly hats and scarfs. I have caught them with their hands in women’s bags. I now make an announcement that there are pickpockets on board every time they get on. They follow the same pattern. There’s clear CCTV and I can't understand how they haven’t been caught yet.”

Post edited by monument on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If only they would release the CCTV from the buses so we could see who is doing it 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Will0483

They will be Roma gypsies who do the same thing in many major European cities. No need for CCTV in this case. Not surprised the article doesn't go into any detail though as that might be considered discrimination. Usual omerta about this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I believe the bus drivers were doing it themselves and were not ordered to. They had been reporting it for a long time to no action by management.Management only reacted to the coverage of the old man with the 80k jewellery.

Not sure why a sting is not done on these parasites as it’s pretty clear who they are and there has even been footage of them on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,055 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Because the pickpockets etc don't care about convictions. The justice system is only a useful tool if people fear the consequences.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

had a minor chuckle at the thread title. almost as if DB were employing thieves.

'there are thieves operating on dublin buses' is slightly different from 'Dublin Bus has thieves on its buses'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I too, was expecting the "dose drivers are robbin baaaaaarstards so dey er, chargin me 2 bleedin euuuro so i can geme bleedin social" style of article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

sing along 𝅘𝅥𝅮,CIE are robbery doo dah doo dah, you pays your fare and get nowhere doo dah doo dah dae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

It’s been going on for about a year or a year and a half now

It's been going on for a lot longer than that. I'd say about 20 years, or since the Roma discovered Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement