Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭thereiver

Why do people buy jeans that are full of holes,

Why do some uk news readers have to stand up while reading the news ,instead of sitting at a desk. why do the female presenters wear high heels .i can understand why models and female actors wear high heels ,its too look cool or sexy.

i don,t need someone who reads the news to be cool or sexy .

i presume they are maybe copying the usa style of news .

If I watch the news i,d like someone who is intelligent and understand current affairs and politics and can be easily understood . I think the presenters on sky news look better ,they are usually sitting beside a desk.does anyone under the age of 40 watch tg4 original programs ,most of the programs are boring old fashioned apart from the american drama series or films they show.

i,d have to be under the influence of drugs to watch any program where everyone speaks in irish.

theres plenty of good programs avaidable on bbc,itv, rte evn if you leave out youtube and other streaming apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Is it possible for a blind person to be racist? I guess you could be biased (based on accent), but if blind can you tell someone's race???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Whenever you hear of a tragic death, like an accident or murder, you'll always see the media refer to the victim as being 'named locally'. What does that even mean? Does it differentiate from something else? Surely by the nature of them being a family member of someone, it will be local info.

Same goes for 'localised flooding'. I'm sure even the great flood of Noah's time was local to someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sometimes the name will come from the authorities.

The media have to wait for the name to come out either officially or 'locally'. So they arent seen to ne jumping the gun.

That was my understanding at least.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CorneliusBrown

we have a lot of potted plants in our house which I take care of, but I’ve noticed when I’m watering them that my wife, who I love, keeps putting her toe nail cuttings in the pots. Is this okay ? I find it frustrating but I don’t want to anger her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My children were all delivered by cesearian section , can they have caesarian certs instead of birth certs also in a snack box are the chicken pieces from the same chicken?

Advertisement