Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher overheated - burning smell

Options
  • 01-06-2024 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi, I loaded the dishwasher as normal ans put it on the usual cycle. After a while I got a feint smell of rubber burning. Then 30 mins later I heard a double sound and the dishwasher stopped working

Questions:

What would cause that?

Is it beyond repair?

Below is the burn mark at the back of the dishwasher. Also the water hose power that was burning I guess. Please ignore the gime

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi, that's not a burn, it's where the hosepipe was resting up against the sound deadening bitumen on the rear. It goes soft when the dishwasher gets hot and starts to flow slightly. A little bit of Irish butter will soften it up and allow you to clean it off and you'll see that it's not a burn. It's normal enough, but annoying. Try turning on the dishwasher again and see if it will complete a cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭gluppers

Hi thanks for reply. Unfortunately the power supply is gone. Something definitely went

Advertisement