Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish and chips v Aldi ready dinners

Options
  • 02-06-2024 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi can you help settle an argument. Which is healthier or maybe less unhealthy is a better way of putting it, fish and chips from a chip shop or Aldi ready dinners.

Now yeah I know neither are particularly healthy so spare me any preaching.

For what it's worth I think the fish and chips would be the lesser evil but I have no particular reason for thinking this apart from I guess there's less additives.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Cill94

Aldi has a lot of ready meals that are much healthier options than a chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Gary_dunne

It all depends on what you define as "healthy". Are you talking about calories or nutritional value? For either of them then I'd imagine 99% of all ready meals would be better than a fish and chips from a chipper.

A few less additives doesn't make deep fried food to be healthier. I love a fish and chips and they're fine like most things when eaten in moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Banjo Carney

Thanks for the replies I guess I lose the argument. I meant as a day you're not cooking for one reason or another not every day.

I'd still go with the fish and chips though 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Fresh cod or whiting would be better than square cod obviously and fresh cut chips not the worst fast food!

Advertisement