Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ride the juggernaut of rock!". Late 90s tv ad for concert.

Options
  • 02-06-2024 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭

Wonder if anyone can identify this tv ad I remember from circa 1998? It was for a concert weekender in Dublin, maybe one of those battle of the bands type things.

All I can really remember of it was an "ageing rocker" type fella with long hair and a moustache saying at the end "ride the juggernaut of rock". He kind of looked like a cross between Joey The Lips and Lemmy. Dont think he was an actor.

I remember at the time the ad was running I paid a visit to Dublin and I actually spotted yer man walking down the street. Somewhere near Busaras I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,327 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Aidan Walsh - Master Of The Universe

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

It definetly wasn't him. I remember him from his "Community Games" days and I'd have recognised him straight away.

Post edited by Hangdogroad on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

There was another guy in the ad as well but he was kind of non-descript. I can't recall anything about him.

I've remembered that juggernaught guy also wore a cowboy type hat in the ad. In fact he was wearing it when I spotted him on the street.

Advertisement