Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal Thread Ban

Options
  • 02-06-2024 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hi

I wish to appeal thread ban from Current Affairs thread Time for a Zero Refugee Policy

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You received a warning for a post. The post was deleted (by me as I issued the warning)

You then posted a screenshot of that original post, adding a comment

"I received a warning for this post stating its racist & Islamaphobic..."

So you decided to ignore the initial warning and repeat the comments resulting in that warning. Another mod issued the threadban for that and I am seeing no reason to lift it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

My comments were no different to many other posts posted within that thread.

Why was my initial post in dispute resolution deleted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

This thread is your original appeal, it wasn't deleted it was moved to the Help Desk forum as that is where threadbans are dealt with. The dispute resolution forum is for disputing warnings only.

Your second thread about this is still in the DRP forum as shown here.

Great, couldnt find it

Anyway, given my pretty much unblemished posting history and the fact that the sibject can be one that invokes heated debate I at least deserve a 2nd chance as others still posting within the thread have been given

Bump

• Advertisement

Anyone?

Any update re this appeal

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Did you or did you not re-post comments you had already been warned over?

Did you or did you not openly discuss moderation in the thread?

Why should we consider lifting your threadban if you are going to blatantly ignore a mod warning like that, or indeed try to make the discussion about moderation rather than the thread topic?

Well we know that I did repost my comments, cant deny that.

I wasnt questioning or looking to discuss moderation, it was more frustration at the post being reported for being described as what it was when that was not the intention or meaning of it whatsoever.

Unlike others in that thread or indeed site wide Im a sporadic poster so the chances of reoffending are very slim 😁

And what do you want to discuss in the thread? Ireland's refugee policy, or immigration by other means?

• Advertisement

Well as pointed out by you in PM its a policy discussjon thread so any future comments should be im relation to policy and not immigration by other means nor ancedotal posts

So are you prepared to post under those conditions? And will you discuss the topic rather than moderation?

Sure, should I post there again I'll keep it within the confines as outlined

Apologies but I've been offline and then had a load of reports to deal with when I was back

I'm currently discussing this with Ten of Swords, who issued the threadban

No problem…..thanks

The mod has lifted the threadban and this is now resolved

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement