Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Personal Bag

Options
  • 03-06-2024 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭

I'm travelling next week with Aeer Lingus (to Europe, not regional), and the size for the undwerseat small personal bag is given as H 25cm x W 33 cm x D 20cm. I've looked online for bags matching this size but the only ones on sale to to be 40 x 20 x 25, acceptable to RyanAir and EasyJet etc but not apparently Aer Lingus. Their site also says that the bag must fit under the seat - is the underseat space less on an Airbus than on a Boeing? Is there anyone selling Aer Lingus-sized bags? How strinctly do they enfoerce the rules?

(I'm fine with regard to the 10kg bag, I'm only referring to the personal bag.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

As long as it fits under the seat you should be fine. I've never seen strict enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

Has anyone experienced Aer Lingus' new policy of not giving priority boarding to passengers who have paid for a 10Kg carry on (except high tier club members). I flew from Schipol to Dublin last week and two lanes were opened - one for 'Priority Boarding' and the other for 'Economy'. Everyone with a 10Kg carry on queued for Priority Boarding, we didnt have prioroty boarding and I doubt most of the others had it either. The initial handling agents just checked passports, whereas previously they checked if priority was on the boarding pass. Boarding passes were scanned after the queue.

The new policy states higher tier members will board first and then an announcement will be made for others with 10Kg carry on. This wasnt enforced in Schipol and I'm wondering if EI are enforcing it in Dublin or other airports.

Advertisement