If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV recommendation

Options
  • 03-06-2024 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Planning to buy a new TV soon and got my eye on the following:

LG 55QNED816RE

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-206904-lg-55qned816re-55-inch-4k-hdr-smart-qned-tv-freeview-play-freesat.aspx

Or go higher

LG C3 55inch (LG OLED55C34LA)

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-206784-lg-oled55c34la-55-inch-oled-evo-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat.aspx

Obviously the price is much higher for the C3 but is there a massive/noticeable difference between the 2 i linked here?

For gaming, movies and shows. 

And is screen burn still a problem these days?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi DeadWeight.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

There is a massive difference in picture quality between the two sets, with OLED being by far the better.
    Its hard to compare OLED to anything unfortunately.

The C3 is an outstanding television and the current promo on it makes it a total bargain.

Screen burn isn't as much as an issue as it as when OLED was first released but of course if you leave a static image on an OLED for long periods of time you do run the risk of it happening.
    I've the C1 and game a lot on it with no issues.
    The newer ranges are geared towards gaming and have some gaming features you can tweak.

For me it would have to be the C3 all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

I went for the LG C3 today looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

you wont be dissapointed great tv and pic quality, check out some C3 best settings vids on the tube from AVforums and the likes while your awaiting delivery theres plenty of options to avoid burn in too

• Company Representative Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for order DeadWeight!

The C3s are amazing TVs, as achiman says, you won't be disappointed!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.