Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eucalyptus

Options
  • 03-06-2024 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

It might not be the best firewood but it's a fast grower and appears to split itself. This was cut about 4-5 weeks ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

Is it a particular variety you grow, as I had eucalyptus killed by cold weather in the midlands.

Also, do you have any plan other than firewood. I know leaves are used by florests, and the oil is valuable, but are these specific types. Would be cool if it's commercial viable

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭accidental forester

We weren't growing it in any quantity, There were two that had got out of control and had to come out. I'll have to have closer look a the leaves to identify. We're on the south coast so probably a bit milder.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

How big did they get and how quickly? Frost seems to be a problem with them alright.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement