Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Came Across Bike Accident Today

Options
  • 03-06-2024 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I was out for a spin on the T-Max earlier and Coming from Maganey towards Carlow Town, closer to the Maganey end I came around a bend and spotted a bike and a man lying in the ditch, I got off the bike to assist, dreading what I may find but luckily he was conscious, a lad in a car stopped too and he offered to lift the bike up which was sticking out on the road a bit. I told the Man to say lying down and not to move but sure as we had the bike up the Man was standing.

He was clearly shaking from shock and in a lot of pain but he just about managed to get his phone out to call his Wife and tell her what happened, he had asked her to come pick him up but I told him one way or the other the only place he was going was to the hospital with his Wife or in an Ambulance that he'd be better off getting the Ambulance.

I called his insurance to arrange for his bike to be brought back to his house. The bike wasn't in too bad shape, he had crash bars on the Triumph.

I then persuaded him to let me call for an ambulance, so they came maybe 15 mins later with the Guards.

According to the Guards it Looks like he broke some ribs, the bike fell and dragged him into the ditch, luckily there was nothing coming and his head missed a signpost by inches, one of those series of arrow signs to warn of a bend.

My guess is that he was going too fast and maybe panicked braked and the bike dropped. Poor f1cker. glad he was not so bad could have been much worse.

After the Ambulance went around 10 mins later the van came to pick up the bike so I helped the lad get it in the Van and I headed off safely on my little 500cc Tmax, really thankful that I didn't witness a fatality.

A very, very lucky Man !

Comments

Advertisement