Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge encroaching trees on my house

Options
  • 04-06-2024 7:42am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

What can I do about encroaching trees on my house from neighbour, full length of boundary of house from front to back, over 50 r 60 feet high growing over my roof, blocking all light and hazardous branches falling etc..

Have spoken to neighbour bit he doesn't look like he will do anything about it

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ted222

The neighbour is legally responsible for any damage the hazardous growth might cause so it would be in his own interests to remove any threat.

That said, there’s just no talking to some people so it might take a solicitor’s letter to formalise matters.

Alternatively, you could arrange and pay for the removal of any branches that encroach upon your property. Not a cheap option either but one that sorts the problem sooner rather than later.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

When you have verified your account by clicking on the link we sent to your email, try asking in our Legal Discussion forum below:

https://www.boards.ie/categories/legal-discussion

Thanks.

-Shield

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement