If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55 C3 or Sony X90L 55

Options
  • 04-06-2024 10:37am
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Toying with the idea of moving on from my LG OLED55B7V. I've had it since 2017 and it's pretty bad with burn in now (the burn in started becoming visible about a year and a half ago but is only getting to the point now where it's really annoying me).

I was going to move away from Oled as I was afraid in 5 years or so I would start seeing burn in again and from research the Sony x90L seems like a good option, but then I see the LG C3 is available for a bit less with the 10% voucher.

I know the C3 is probably streets ahead of the Sony in terms of picture quality but are the newer sets much better than my old B7 at mitigating burn in?

Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mickeroo.

Many thanks for the post.

The newer OLED have worked hard to make screen burn less of a thing.
    The Older ranges (including the B7) were easy to get image retention. I've a B7 and destroyed it with gaming within about a year and a half also. I've now a C1 and no issues at all. I've had it nearly 4 years now.

It's came on leaps and bounds over the years as the panels have become more stable and the C3 would be a great purchase at the current promo deal price.
    I'd still go OLED as there is nothing to touch it in picture quality.

Don't get me wrong the Sony is excellent but once you are used to OLED it will be hard to go for anything else.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks for the reply Kenny. Yes as good as the Sony probably is I was thinking it might be too much of a step down when I am used to OLED for the last almost 7 years.

It took about 5 years before I got noticeable burn in, so if you managed it in a year and a half on the B7 and the C1 is still good after 4 that gives me a bit of peace of mind about it at least!

Assuming I don't talk myself out of it I'll probably place the order in the next day or two.

One other question on the C3, I have a Sonos Beam, is the stand tall enough so the Beam won't encroach on the screen? The B7 just about gets away with it.

Hey Mickeroo.

I have a Sonos Beam in front of my C1. it does block a little of the bottom of the screen but to be honest it doesn't bother me or take away from my viewing experience.

Let me know if you place an order and I'll get it dealt with ASAP.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Similar enough to the B7 so.

I have placed the order just now, thanks for the help Kenny!

Hey Mickeroo.

Many thanks for the order :)

It will ship out from us here at the Belfast store on Thursday.
    We'll then check in with the courier on Friday to check which day it will arrive with you and keep you in the loop.

Thanks again for the business we really do appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Hey Mickeroo.

Many thanks for the order :)

It will ship out from us here at the Belfast store on Thursday.
    We'll then check in with the courier on Friday to check which day it will arrive with you and keep you in the loop.

Thanks again for the business we really do appreciate it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.