Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating council house, grant.

Options
  • 04-06-2024 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭

My ex partner lives in a council house which during the winter can get quite cold. She contacted the council re getting the walls pumped but was advised that they won't do it. I told her I'll do it for her (baby involved), but the grants only seem to be available to homeowners.

Is there seriously no schemes available to council tennants who need to improve the insulation on their property? It seems to be the same across all grants to improve the property. She's literally paid a fortune in gas bills this past winter and faces the same next year too if the insulation isn't improved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Go back to council, through a local councillor as they are continually upgrading their stock of social housing

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement