Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Sugar Loaf with kids

Options
  • 04-06-2024 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey there, I would welcome some advice from more seasoned family hikers.

Recently, I took my kids, 8yo and 6yo, to the very top of Diamond Hill, and they loved the entire experience. They had managed it very well, much better than expected, actually. So now that I know they can handle a moderate climb such as this, I was thinking of taking them to the Great Sugar Loaf. However, as I have never been to the Wicklow Mountains before, I am wondering if the peak would be manageable for them. What do you guys think? If in your opinion it may be a tad too strenuous for kids that age, then perhaps you can recommend another, easier peak in the Wicklow Mountains? Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement