Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone TV and Unifi Cloud Gateway Ultra

Options
  • 04-06-2024 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All

I have Vodafone TV, Phone and Broadband and currently using the Huawei HG659 modem/router/AP all in one device.

I have purchased a Unifi Cloud Gateway Ultra along with a U6-Pro access point. The plan is to put the Huawei into bridge mode and disable its Wi-Fi. Still waiting on the equipment to be delivered.

Just wondering if I can then attach the VF TV set top box to the Cloud Gateway Ultra or will I need to still use the Huawei router as is and risk having a double NAT issue?

Anyone have a similar setup?

Note: I don't even use the phone anymore, the line is active but I don't have a physical phone plugged in to the Huawei.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peter33

I have a Unifi Cloud Gateway Ultra installed, no need for the Huawei HG659, as the gateway is just that and you can program in your ISP login details into it and do away with the Huawei.

Sorry, I don't have any information on VF TV Box but everything works fine for me through the Unifi Gateway, Android TV's, Satellite Receivers, WiFi printers and 61 IoT devices including TP-Link cameras. (VLans & ProtonVPN client, Pi-Hole DNS also).

The Unifi Cloud Gateway Ultra is a great bit of kit but take your time getting to know how it operates first. It took me a bit of time, made mistakes but have the hang of it now.

Some great vids on YouTube to help you and you don't have to look only at the "Unifi Cloud Gateway Ultra" videos as the Console that you get built in is exactly the same as the bigger models.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alex.krycek

Thanks for your reply @peter33 I still haven't got around to setting this up properly, I plugged it in and had a play around with the settings but didn't have the time to go into it in detail, looking forward to setting up a few VLANs and a guest WiFi network too! I also will be running some cat6 cables into the attic and down into a few rooms first so will tinker with it first before its put in its final place.

I'm not sure how exactly to put my Vodafone HG659 router into bridge mode. There seems to be 2 connections, one for Internet_vdsl (I have fiber to the cabinet) and another for IPTV_vdsl.

There is a drop down menu for each when I click edit,

• Internet one is set to IP Routing (PPP) and I can change to: IP Routing (IP), Bridged or DHCP Spoofed
    • IPTV one is set to IP Routing (IP) and has the same 4 options as above.

So do I set both to 'Bridged' or do I only need to do this for the Internet one. I know this question is probably for the more advanced users or Network Professionals that understand this topic well but any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement