Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Resolved] Warning in Dublin City forum

• 04-06-2024 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭

I was warned for this post by Gaspode:

Now that's a very frequently used expression and in no way offensive, and in any case the Boards swear filter censored it.

I PMed the moderator asking why I was warned and have received no response.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Disputing this warning, still no response from the moderator.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Hi Hotblack Desiato,

Please be advised that mods are volunteers with other obligations outside of boards. Allow a bit more time for them to respond. I will also PM them about your dispute resolution post. If you don’t hear from them in a couple of days, you can PM me if you wish.

@Gaspode

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That warning followed these two posts from you: 'dey tuk r gaz' and 'Da water flows in or de taxes stop flowing out! 😁' as well as previous posts telling people to 'read the room ffs' and some back-seat moderating telling them to post in other forums.

Maybe you think its hilarious but it doesnt read that way, it was inflaming a thread and adding zero to the discussion. It's not an adult way to discuss an issue with anybody.

I dont see why that wouldnt earn you a warning.

So none of those posts in themselves deserved a warning, as you did not warn me for them. The one you did warn me on was quite innocuous imo.

The abuse Dublin and Dublin people get from the rest of the country is a very real issue and the contempt of the OP for Dublin and Dublin people is palpable despite the vast amounts of Dublin-raised taxes the rest of the country is very happy to spend. That might be OK in Current Affairs, but not, imho, in the Dublin City forum where the intent from the OP is to inflame.

"dey tuk r gaz" is just a bit of humour, from the well known trope about jobs, you might not agree that it's funny but how does it break any rules? In any case I was not warned for that post.

"read the room ffs" was just a reference to the lack of agreeing opinions the OP was getting (and no wonder).

Is it a rule on Boards that posts which do not in themselves warrant a warning can be "added up" to produce a warning?

The OP is taking the absolute mick in that thread but I'm the one ending up warned.

Can a cmod look at this please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

A warning given on one post is often related to that post and preceding ones. We don't generallygive all the preceding ones a warning as that could result in the poster earning enough points for a full ban.

If you don't accept this an admin can look at it, I am a Cmod for the region category. @awec

It seems we're short-circuiting a step of the process here as usually warnings are issued by a mod not a cmod, but yes I'd like an admin to look at this please.

CMods are also moderators and can and do delete posts, issue warnings etc.

@awec can you look at this please?

These points have expired but I'd still like this looked at please @awec

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had a look through the thread and it's clear the warning was a result of your general behaviour on the thread rather than the specific post in isolation. Frankly you are lucky the mod was so lenient and only gave you one.

Warning upheld.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement