Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QR conversion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'll let someone else answer the conversion question - I would've thought no, or at best not cost effective, and it 1s a new wheel.

Back in the 80's, something like this - https://share.temu.com/jFdfXAt5l4A - was fairly standard saddlebag kit iirc. A wrench or spanner may not be much more time wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Assuming it's a solid axle, you'll need to replace it with a hollow one before you can install a QR.

As Macy0161 has pointed out, a spanner won't really be slower and it will be a cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Thanks for the replies.

Its an older person that owns the bike so i'm just looking at ways to make life as easy as possible. I had hoped for a straight forward package to order and then a quick swap and job done but it doesn't seem like that package exists.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Swap out the wheel for a QR wheel is one way. This said, it's a 14 kg bike so if they can't remove the wheel easily, they won't be lifting it in or out of a car easily either. Loosen the bolts takes 15second, tighten them might take 20second. It's not much more difficult than a QR, probably 10second slower.

Advertisement