Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation of phonewatch

Options
  • 04-06-2024 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi been with Phonewatch for 20 years. Looking to move to install a completely new alarm system but they're telling me I'm in contract, after 20 years???
    They seem to operate on a rolling 12 months contract to lock-in customers so they can't move for that period. On the call they told me there is a 3 months penalty fee to leave mid-contract…
    I doubt this would have been in our original contract over 20 years ago. I fully understand being in a contract for 12 months initially which is often the case but not 20 years later!!!
    Anyone else also faced this issue?
    Can they actually legally put us in to this 'rolling' contract?
    Did anyone managed to cancel successfully their phonewatch services without paying this '3 months penalty'?

Comments

Advertisement