Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Projoy fireman's switch

• 04-06-2024 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi all I have 10 panels. 5 on back of house 5 on side. I have two projoy switches and one seems to be faulty/not working. There is no red light on one of the switches and the five panels are not generating anything despite sun beating down on them. The panels are installed 4 years and I've rang activ8 who say they need to send an engineer with a crazy call out fee of 250euro. Any ideas I could chance troubleshooting myself? Or is there an on off switch to try reset

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

My switches have resets on them but unfortunately they are a different brand.

Did you check your paperwork as for the warranties from Active8? It might be of use to contact Projoy also before you ring Active8 to see what kind of warranty is on their fireman switch.

I would hound them to fix the issue.

Just looked there, most Projoy switches have a 5 year warranty including your PEFS model.

They are powered by AC so either faulty or the unit isnt getting power.

Post edited by keno-daytrader on

☀️ 7.8kWp ⚡3.6kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I have had bother with those MC4 connectors(Black plugs in your Pics) as the cable tends to pull back inside the plug, so I would just try to push up the cable into the plugs to see if its a bad connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭JayBee66

I'm on my third Projoy. They are not great. If you activate them too many times they break. If you want, you can bypass the switch by plugging in the male/female connectors from the inverter side into the male/female connectors on the panel side. I did that whilst waiting for the third switch from the installers. Next time it breaks, I'll be permanently bypassing it. Make sure you know what you are doing. 400+ volts DC makes crispy fingers.

Thats a good idea about bypassing, even just to check that it's the projoy that's the issue. Do they twist off or pull?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

It's a pull but you need to get something to press in the clips on the connector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭JayBee66

You have to squeeze two lugs on the side and then pull the connector out. After so many visits, the installer left me with the required tool. I think they get one with each inverter so they had plenty to spare. The prongs on the right squeeze the lugs on the connectors.

Thanks a million. Just ordered that tool off Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭DC999

Resurrecting this thread as an FYI for people. I had the same issue. 2 projoys installed, 2.5 years old. 1 wasn’t working - so the whole string connected to it wasn’t producing. The single light was showing as solid red. The working one was blinking red. Installer replaced at no cost to me. There’s a 5 year warranty on them afaik.

Maybe it’s related - it died the day after the largest kWh output all year. There didn’t appear to be a power outage to coincide with it dying.

It was only power-cycled off maybe 20 times max in the 2.5 years. We’re in central Dublin and don’t get power outages more than a few times a year. So would only have been my powering off the fuseboard at times at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭domeld

Projoy fire-switch is well known as a "problematic" after few years. Can recommend "think we"

• Advertisement
Advertisement