Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood testing in Ireland

• 04-06-2024 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I'm looking to get blood samples with focus on a few non-standard markers and my GP told me they couldn't sign-off on getting all these markers as the labs are part-paid by government and they wouldn't cover all the ones I need. Any independent labs in Dublin (preferably)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

There are laboratories that handle private home tests, but it very much depends what markers and samples you are actually looking to have tested. There are private blood etc screening services based at some of the private hospitals around Dublin and I’m sure other locations. They come up on Google, don’t want to be “advertising” any particular ones here. Private DNA testing services are available too, mostly overseas I think.

Google “blood screening” or “get checked” or the markers you want testing. You will have to pay for these, some are expensive. I have to pay for my own private lab testing regarding one issue as I seem to be a one-off case, or at least very few who have my own combination of issues, and public screening doesn’t cover me.

Advertisement