Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running cable to garage

Options
  • 04-06-2024 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭

Hi, recently moved into a new property and I want to run cable to my garage about 15m from the house through the garden, for sockets and lights. I know it should be buried 600mm deep with warning tape 300mm deep. I plan on installing a small breaker box in the garage for lights/sockets isolation.

I have a well house outside the house with power coming in for the well pump, it's on it's own breaker on the main panel. It comes in through ducting on what looks like 2.5mm twin and earth. Would it be ok to spur off this?

It looks like the previous owner was planning to run power too, because they left in the garage this SWA cable and ducting. The ducting says "Fibre Optic Cable NDP Radius 32/26mm". Is this SWA cable ok to use? Should I use the ducting, or would I be better off just burying the SWA cable alone?

Post edited by Rougies on

Advertisement