Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter

Options
  • 04-06-2024 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

Does qnyone know if it is possible for a Meta Quest 3 headset to be connected to a GPU using a USB C to mini DisplayPort adapter? I am upgrading graphics cards and the new one would only have 4 x mini DisplayPort connections on it, no USB C connection. I’m no sure if this adapter will work with a Meta Quest and Link cable however?

I did email Meta and got the below reply but they don’t sound certain:

”I may suggest you to have a convertor of USB C port to Display Port. However, it is not recommendable to use an extension but if it is not connected you may use an AirLink to connect your Meta Quest 3 to PCVR.
    Answering your question, any graphic card with RTX 4000 series will always be compatible with your headset Meta Quest 3. You may click on this link on the requirements to use Meta Link.”

in this case, I have a workstation graphics card, Nvidia RTX 4000, does have a USB C connection but the newer card RTX 4000 ADA just has 4 x mini DisplayPorts on it.

Comments

Advertisement