Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site survey

Options
  • 05-06-2024 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi all, I have bought a site and I'd like to do a site survey before building a detached house.

Because I plan not to hire an architect, do you know who else can do a site survey and how much would that be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What exactly are looking for with the survey? Boundary check?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spupazza

I am looking to check the position of a water pipe mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is this a water supply pipe or part of a drainage system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

im presuming you are at least getting an engineer involved even if not engaging an architect? ask them, they will either be able to do it themselves or subcontract it out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Contact local engineer. You’re going to need them for the planning and build anyway.

Hello everyone, I’m considering conducting a site survey. The area in question has extensive overgrowth, including tall grasses and Gorse bushes exceeding 2 metres in height, along with large rocks bordering the site and a bit of cement in the middle of it.

1. Would it be essential to clear the site prior to the survey, or is it not a concern?
    2. I understand that basic site clearance doesn’t require planning permissions, but could you tell me what such a clearance typically includes?
    3. Additionally, what would be the estimated cost of clearing a site?
    4. I would also appreciate any recommendations for a reliable site clearance service in Waterford City.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭rayjdav

What type of survey are you looking for? Topographical or boundary check…???

A typical site topo survey will only go in as far as is possible to reach. A topo survey will indicate "overgrowth - not surveyed" on it, depending how dense the overgrowth is, so if you are looking to note the exact boundaries, it will have to be cleared first.

Includes exactly what you tell them to price for, is it reduce topsoil and remove off site or just cut back ditches? If they have to drive to waste facility site, depends on volumes and distance etc…

Cost coud be anything at the moment tbh, depending on size of site too… Not near enough info to give any indication of cost.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Threads by same OP on same topic merged. No need for two threads.

Thank you, rayjdav. The site is about a quarter of an acre and I want to do a site survey to find the exact location of a water pipe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement