Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Gym is the best to join in Wexford town or surrounding areas?

Options
  • 05-06-2024 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I'm looking to join a gym in the Wexford town area, and not sure which would be the best option. I would like somewhere not too busy and also beginner friendly as I wouldn't know too much. Just looking for the basic of losing some weight and gaining somewhat muscle/toning up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Most of the hotels have ok facilities such as Whites and the Talbot.

I am a member of the Talbot and the feedback I will give you is -

. Its 145 for three months, incl. pool/sauna etc., which is good

. The gym / weights area is very cramped and will be busy in the evenings. It doesn't bother me as I go at 6am but for most, the busy time mixed with the small area is annoying.

. The changing rooms/showers aren't up to standard and are run down

. The staff will have no problem going through some basics with you

I have never been a member of Predator gym, based in Drinagh however I believe it is so spacious and well equipped that it is the no.1 gym in Wexford and consequently, is populated by experienced gym goers. However I see they do have coaching schemes in place which if starting off, are hugely beneficial. You could go there for 3/6 months etc. and then take your learnings elsewhere.

It really is down to what you want personally.

Advertisement