Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working 9 months, can I claim the 3 months?

Options
  • 05-06-2024 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

My partner works part time from September - June so will be unemployed for 2 months, she will return as usual in September, Is there anything she can claim for those 2 months? Jobseekers benefit etc, I work full time and we are on WFP and the rate is €74/week as it is based on a 2 income household so obviously a significant decrease in household income for the 2 months

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

If she's available for work during those months then yes, she can sign on. I'm guessing a school employment? Many school workers sign on for summer (they aren't being paid by the school of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jamieon

Yes, works in a school for a private company. You would'nt know what the payment is called by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

She can apply for Jobseekers Benefit, which will be based on her PRSI contributions.

Advertisement