Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dept to redesign AgFood and want your input.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Better to have the bull number saved in an xl sheet, then copy and paste

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

The main thing Agfood needs, and this would absolutely make the likes of herdwatch obsolete, would to make an app. Everything is on apps these days, it's so out of date in that respect. At the very least make a mobile friendly website that doesn't involve awkward zooming in.

In terms of design overhaul, there are so many different ways to simplify things. Users should be allowed to customise their home menus to suit the schemes and systems they are in. Far too many links and sections that are irrelevant to people. There are also far too many old scheme links that seem to stay on the interface for some reason.

It would be so easy if they bothered their hole to outsource a project like this to someone with app development experience but knowing the department it'll be a long stupid drawn out process and it won't work the way we want it to in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Possibly. But I wouldn't like to hold the bulls to schedule like that since it's not their fault just a website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

SMN I reckon you need a bottle of whiskey too. I used to register all the calves with the one bull together, then move on to the second bull to register his calves.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 samcr440!

I have HerdWatch and you cant do BISS or any other DAFM schemes on HerdWatch you need to use AgFood. You can do animal movements etc on HerdWatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It's a bit of a scam in this country and one the European Commission should be looking at if the governments online service is being made deliberately opaque to give a commercial company the edge in doing essential online work for farmers.

The whole idea of pushing farmers online was to make things easier not make money for a favoured business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I use MyGovId to log in, much handier and if you need to back track or leave the page you're on, you don't have to go through the login process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Just after trying this, it's a game changer 🙌👏

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ayagerard

any body else missing the acres window from the mane agood.ie iam web site used to be the first one after sighing in missing now 2 weeks

any ideas as to why

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ayagerard

back up this morning after being down for 2 weeks

like that i joined tranche 2 and and bought a fey entitlement's and was keeping an eye on them

all looks i order now though

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Silverdream

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I did the survey, but it doesn't really capture the overhaul that's needed. I usually don't venture much onto agfood up till a couple of weeks ago after seeing this thread. It is woeful. I've spent time going through it and wrote up a report with observations/issues I'd seen/stupid things they do/etc and mailed it off to them as well.

Advertisement