Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Anyone Gotten a Better Deal from Digiweb? I'm Out of Contract

Options
  • 05-06-2024 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'm out of contract with Digiweb a long time now and feel like perhaps I should be looking for a better price than the €60 I'm paying per month for 1GB Siro. Has anyone here got something off the usual monthly price they pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Ring them, Digiweb in my experience have great customer service, I was given the new customer introductory rate again when I rang when out of contract, and told to put a reminder in my phone to call next year before contract runs out and I'd get the same again. I was just a month out of contract and I was refunded the difference between the introductory rate and full rate for that month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I was about to go out of contract with them recently and they called me and offered me a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

I got 35 a month for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

How do you find their service as with vm for 500 and paying 60 a month but need to get it cheaper as had digiweb before but lost signal as something was in my way for signal.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've been with Digiweb for years, both on DSL and then SIRO and have been very happy with their service. I've only had to contact them once over the years for issues when the fibre went down, but it was a wide outage and fixed in a few hours.

I did ring them some months back to see if I could get an offer as I was paying same as the OP, but I'm also on the legacy 1000down/200up profile. So I was offered, IIRC, 40pm if I left for the new 1000/100 profile. I was hesitant on losing the 200mbps upload so all I could be offered was a fiver off per month for a year, which I took! I realistically don't need the extra upload speed most of the time, but still feel it's nice to have and don't want to drop it… yeah, madness! 😁

I'll probably reassess when the year's up and just choose a cheaper 1000/100 profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Spending most of my life on YouTube and might stream a film or more.

According to Vm i am a big user so no ideas on limits on other providers but price is a must if cheaper.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

500mb will be more than enough x1 4K stream only requires 15mbps and HD around 5mbps Virgin media likes to recommend 1gb for gaming etc all marketing to upsell. The only benefit would bea quicker download of the game/stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭apache

I got a fiver knocked off my bill. Not great but something. I done better with Sky, got 35 off a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EriktheRed

I second that too, their customer service is unbelievably smooth and helpful. Rang last year as contract up, no problem at all 5off the bill for 6 months. Simple and quick, no fecking around, must have been on the phone 1 min including waiting time. Absolute pleasure! Try eir or god forbid vodafone ,it's like u talking to a wall in another galaxy.

Must ring them again as contract up again, might go for 500mb see if any difference from 24mb one 😅

• Advertisement
Advertisement