Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door latch query

Options
  • 05-06-2024 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

What would you recommend to screw on to a porch door on the inside for added security that would engage when you closed the door going outside and disengage when you opened the door to come back in cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A lock.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭septictank

Sliding or swing Door? Wood Upvc?

Like Rows said another lock, like a chub or what do you have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mickwat155

Thanks never would have taught about that

Sorry i should have said its an old teak door that will be changed down the line just looking to tide myself over since I've to replace the back door thanks.. just looking for an idea of something that can be screwed on the inside of the door that would give extra security to the door when you close it thanks

So you have something like a night latch, "Yale" lock already?

I'd go a Chub lock knee hight.

• Advertisement

Ya it's a yale night latch.. cheers for that

Something like this Mortice, if your handy with tools, easy to fit.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/era-5-lever-chrome-mortice-deadlock-64mm-case-44mm-backset/8777v

Advertisement