Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare to fishguard by car x 2 adults

• 06-06-2024 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, apologies if this is not the right forum? We're going to the UK for a week in august.

I am reluctant to pay/ book in advance for the rosslare ferry in case things change here at home

(a relative has been ill on and off). Can I ask.. 1) is there much of a difference in price booking a day or two before? 2) Can we just arrive and buy tickets there? 3) I'm guessing we need passports, even for UK? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

1 -theres not a massive difference if you wait, its not like the airline that will shaft you. If you want to lockin to a price you can go fully flexible for not a lot more (check both stena and irish ferries as prices for advance booking and flex are different) and then cancel or rebook for free if you want to change plans

2 - you can buy tickets by rolling up, but its easier to just buy it online before hopping in the car and then you can drive straight to the "checkin" which is not like an airline where you go to a desk, but is just a tollbooth on the way to where you board the ferry. IF you buy at the port you need to first drive to the office building, park and head in, then go back to the car and drive round the way to the "checkin"

3 - no, only Ryanair are the g*shites that want a passport. Getting a ferry to wales and entering the UK there is not much different to crossing the border to the UK at Derry, Strabane, Derrylin or Newry - i.e. as an irish person you are allowed in the UK (Northern ireland or GB) without a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 andy6

Many thanks! That eases my mind a lot!

Advertisement