Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood test price is surprisingly expensive

Options
  • 06-06-2024 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

E200 for blood test, no anesthetic necessary to take a sample. Vet, nurse & myself handled the cat to take the sample, took ~15 minutes mostly because vet had difficulty finding sweet spot.

I think they have in-house testing equipment, results were ready within hours.

I don't know man, E200 just seems excessive + E65 initial consultation fee.

I've done blood test & consultation with my GP & it was E95 a month ago.

Seems excessive, no?

Cat blood test was fine btw although the reason for the cat to keep losing weight over the last 18 months remains elusive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Seems extortionate.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Can you claim back on pet insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Bykobap

I've no pet insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭con747

Best advise is to get some insurance or you will be paying extortionate prices if anything ever happens to need serious care. Also mention any known conditions or the insurers will have an out.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

That's vets for you,gougers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

If you ever need one after- hours be prepared!!!

It was a local vet clinic, independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭beachhead

An inquiry has or will start into extortinate charges by vets belonging to 2 or 3 conglomerates buying up most independent vet practices in the UK.Seems the greedflation is arriving here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

How old is the cat?

If under age 8/9, it's still possible to get insurance. I pay around €12 euro per cat, per month for pet insurance with Allianz.

Or you could see if your vet runs a TrustVet pet plan.

• Advertisement

Yeah just like the so-called supervet Mr.Fitzpatrick my new book,you need this insurance,my new TV series,the late late show.Likes his few bob does Noel.💶💶💶

Cat is 10 years old, obviously annoying thing is no cause for weight loss has been established.

Fingers crossed for your little pet, been down this road many times unfortunately.🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Immaculata

I hope your cat will soon be well.

Not much you can do about that expense now, unfortunately. If there are other vets in the area, you might want to ring around and see what they would have charged, to give you an idea of who is more affordable.

Advertisement