Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 7A €239.99 when you switch to 3 PAYG (not Vodafone!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Order a pay as you go SIM,it gives the option of ordering an esim after you choose a plan

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Free Vodafone eSIM ported to a Three eSIM with a good value Pixel 7a on the way. I can use the Three eSIM with Vodafone if a good furure offer comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks OP, Pixel 7A arrived this morning. Did not have to top up by €20. Had an old Eir sim spare so used that to port. Total cost €239.99 and one day delivery. In the process of setting it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Haha it still runs surprisingly smoothly :) I'm a fan of making things last as long as I can. Pictures still come out great. I think I'll wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Ha, I'm the same, my 3A that I got end Nov 2019 via a Vodafone offer for €180 still working nicely. Battery not as good as it used to be but I'm a light user no not really an issue. Above offer is tempting so thanks to the OP for posting but similarly will hold out another while until the 3A is on it's last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭cullenswood

What is the battery life on these like?

Would you get a full day with heavy-ish use?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

I have the 4A which I got for €199. I'm having the same issue with battery.

Once thing I noticed that made a big difference was charging with adaptive charging on. Leave it to charge overnight - it charges slowly over 6-7 hours (basically it will be 100% by the time your alarm goes off)

I've done this and it has made a huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭PreCocious

Thanks OP and thanks also to those who provided the info on the Vodafone eSims - that certainly speeds up the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭The lips

Thinking of switching from my Pixel 4A, how are you finding the fingerprint sensor? It is useless on the 4A and I would not switch to another device with the same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

I've never used the fingerprint sensor. But I have both phones. To be honest there isn't a huge difference between them. The storage is the same. Only 2GB more Ram in the 7A. Google pixel phones are solid in general. If there's nothing wrong with your 4A, no need to replace. But you could buy the 7A as spare just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sc0by

Thanks OP,

Got the eSim for vodafone and used that to port to Three.

My phone got water damage so the timing for this offer was perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ooter

Is there a way of avoiding paying the €20 top up if I order online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Yes, order online and the final charge will only be for the phone. You are only selecting the plan you want, not paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭hhmmm?

Typing this comment from my new 7a. Wasn't even in the market for a new phone but incredible value. Sold my old phone for €200 so really only cost me €30 to upgrade. Bought an eir SIM before Christmas for €10 that I used to save €100 off the Mrs phone when I swapped to Vodafone. Used that phone number again to swap over to 3. This will now be my "porting" number going forward!

Out of stock. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

ordered yesterday, just in time…

Would any of the stores still have stock?

Went in to one of the stores,they had the 7A but ended up buying an honor phone with 256G memory for €100 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Got one,pixels are great phones. Selling my 6a,if anyone interested send me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Popped into a 3 store that still have them in stock. They told me the phones were locked to 3 network until they were topped up with 100 euro credit. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? I thought all Pixels were unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Ryath

They are bullshitting or clueless. They are unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

I trust Ryath, but if someone who actually buys the phone could confirm that would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Bought one in May and it was unlocked. Pixels usually are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

They are lying, drive on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭honda boi

Purchased the 7a and 8 from them and both are unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hairy123

I bought this offer. Thanks OP. Phone arrived yesterday & I can confirm it is unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Any chance these will come back in stock online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rhd_7

For ordering a vodafone eSim for a "port" - do I need to have a phone to begin with that supports eSim?

Or can I just order the eSim and use that without a phone if I go into Three store to get this deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They send a porting validation code to the number so if your current phone doesn't support eSIM get a physical SIM.

Advertisement