Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda service recommendations please.

Options
  • 06-06-2024 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I'll be looking to have my Crosstourer serviced next month. Seeing as I'll never set foot in M50/2 Wheels again, does anyone have any recommendations on the east coast? Thinking about Overlanders but they weren't great the last time I was with them a few years ago .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

I'm another person who'll never darken the door of 2 wheels again after being spoken to in a very offensive manner by a sales person.

I honestly believe they don't care if they sell bikes or not!

I'd bring your Crosstourer to Bray Honda if I were you.

The lads there are courteous and knowledgeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Mervyn in Bray Honda will see you right. Top bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Stiletto72

Ah, Bray Honda. They completely slipped my mind. And they're only down the road from me.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

loved my crosstourer when I had it.

Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

Whatever happened to "lads" has to be "guys" now. Sad !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,689 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

wtf?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Who pissed in your cornflakes? You've a lot to be worried about if that's the type of thing that bothers you.

Yeah seriously lads !

Sure.

Here are some photos from a trip to Spain last month.

I never thought using a word like 'guys' would trigger somebody.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Guys like Mad_Lad don't like being called "Guys"…. welcome to 2024 🤣

I'm joking Mad_Lad and Stiletto 😄

Interestingly, I too am someone that will never use Two Wheels again.
    Left my google review of a recent service today…. P!ss Poor service.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Banzai600

im biking yrs…so know most of them around, not just in Dublin. Re M50 HONDA or TWO WHEELS as they are now called…. i know a couple of ppl who went through hardship to get simple things done , around servicing etc and had pretty bad experiences. They just cant seem to up their game or really understand how bikes work, or the electronics on them if there are issues. I know one of the lads there, he's there yrs, old skool, and he knows his stuff, is very good, top lad. but he doesnt deal with the servicing etc, which is where they are falling down. And they aint the only ones giving poor service.

im biking yrs, and i think in general the services from some bike shops are pretty poor, so much so im going to switch myself and try elsewhere. ive a new bike under warranty but not going back to where i bought it. so going to another dealer who sells the same brand to keep the warranty up - and its only s simple oil change, that alone speaks volumes.

bikes aint cheap to buy or run, parts aint cheap, tyres are gone nuts prices and going to go up more, simple things that should be straight forward , you just cant trust anyone these days to do a job properly, or not mark the bike etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

We have 3 Hondas in our household. I can do most stuff on them.

But bikes that need s/ware updating I can't (which is 2).

Honda Technical in M50 told me there only 2 dealerships in the country that have the Honda m/c to update firmware on Honda's. One in Kerry, the other in Donegal. I'm sure it's not cheap. But it does leave me looking at going to Bill Smith in UK for mine.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

New front pads fitted in Bray Honda yesterday. Top job and friendly service.

As an added bonus, there's an RC30 in the back to drool over while the work is being done.

Good.

I knew they'd sort things for you in a friendly efficient manner.

Unlike that other crowd in two wheels who really need to send their ignorant staff to go on a course about how to treat customers in a professional manner.

As I mentioned earlier, I'll never darken their doors again. And neither will anybody else I know who've had the misfortune to go in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kevin crf450r

Hey. I’m new to here. Never posted before. I have a 2005 or 2007 Honda crf450r. Not sure is there any difference in model in them years. Bike has been laying idle for 3 + years. I’ve brought it to a mechanic to give it a service and a once over. It has failed to start for him and he reckons the cdi unit is fried in it. Does anyone know of anyone that can test it or repair it. Mechanic is not 100% sure it is the cdi that’s frigged so he told me not to purchase one yet in case it’s not the problem. I’m trying to source one to swap into my bike to check and see. I got one but it was a single plug cdi where as mine is a double plug one. I’ll attach a picture of mine here . Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is there a spark at the plugs or not?

I'd think it would be very unusual if the part had 'died' in storage.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JP 1800

Exactly, has the mechanic checked, fuel, spark and compression to diagnose the problem?. It is the first thing to check.

At the risk of repeating myself give the lads at Bray Honda a shout on this. They have experience of working on these crf's. Mervin has several CRF's himself and is knowledgeable on the CDI units on these bikes.

• Advertisement

Hi yes mechanic has checked for all those issues but to no avail. I rang Mervin in Bray and he’s told me he doesn’t do anything with off road bikes as he has no place to ride or test them. Would CCM in Tallaght be worth a shot. Tks

Yes I'd say ccm should be able to help. You might have to get the bike to them though.

Are you in the general dublin area?

I’m down in Galway

Advertisement