Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy neighbour with no end in sight

Options
  • 07-06-2024 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My neighbor has been carrying out work on their house for over four years. He has gutted the inside, knocked down the back of it and so far is still laying the foundations for a larger back part of the house it seems He never has any more than 2-3 people working on it at a time but the noise is becoming insufferable at this point and with no end in sight I'm wondering what I can do? The constant hammering and banging wakes me and my family up most days of the week. My neighbor is a bit of an asshole and doesn't seem to care after previous discussions with my dad on the topic. I don't even know if they have planning permission or if it's necessary but we're getting fed up with listening to it and with so little progress being made. The fact he has so few people working on it at a time seems strange but I don't know. Any aid would be appreciated.

Post edited by happyllama on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Talk to a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭Tow

Look up his planning on your local CoCo website. If granted it should have times they are allowed to work in the conditions. If they work outside there times log then are report of the CoCo. If there are is no planning permission you can also complain on those grounds. The coco will comeout and check if it meets the exempt requirements.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭SC024

what time does the banging start?

Advertisement