Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value new tractor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭emaherx

Has anyone looked into which tractor brands give the best access to software / diags tools to their customers?
    Computers shouldn't be the issue that they often are and should be making things easier not harder, right to repair movements worldwide will hopefully make things better.

I know that New Holland charge about 300 a year for access to their software and 1200 for the required cables / adaptor which is a lot but maybe a good investment between a group of farmers? (Hardware may be available a lot cheaper elsewhere too).

Simple configuration resets required on many New Hollands after reseating connectors or even low batteries could be worth it especially on those busy bank holiday weekends where the tractor has gone into limp mode because of a loose cable but you need to wait till dealer opens on Tuesday or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

any one know what a new MF 5s 125 with a loader might cost ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

a €1000 per HP

Probably wouldn’t be the worst investment if you had a 30K trade in.

€70,000 over 7 years is €1,041 per month repayment 😅😅 with cultivate CU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

The diagnostic equipment is normally useless in untrained hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭emaherx

I suppose the New Holland dealers software is named E.A.S.Y tool because it is so hard to use?

There is a learning curve to everything but, if you understand mechanics and familiar with computers learning the diags tools is entirely possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Bangoverthebar

Kubota m6 136 with loader coming next week 5 yr warranty/finance deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Who did you deal with ? I'd like to try one. A cousin has an M108 with 8k hard hours on it. Doing mainly loader work. A few bits broke on it but it was mainly down to rough drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭amacca

It's amazing farmers put up with that shite at all....surprised it was let creep in without immediate resistance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭older by the day

Come on, tell more, did you trade in one or two. You were not long making up your mind. Best of luck with her.

Turbo actuator went on the claas on monday. They are taking it on trade in. 5 yr warranty is what swayed me. I would hope to trade in again then. Jcb will be sold and ill keep my deutz. Im going to try find a set of second hand tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭amacca

Machines that even when new can let you down when you most need them and are essentially black boxes unless you have diagnostics, expertise, training + the planned obsolescence aspects of it etc.

Sickens my hole tbh…I hate stuff I don't understand…..primarily because the manufacturer wants to make sure its as difficult as possible to…you are essentially reduced to a bystander with a machine you've probably paid or will pay hundreds of thousands for in some cases..

I know its the way of the world but having been let down by these things on a smaller scale in the past …its a real bugbear…

Tiny example but I remember when it was relatively easy to trace an electrical fault yourself in a tractor with little or no equipment as the wires were colour coded…..had to resort to a cable tracer and multiple trial and error type bollockolgy a couple of months back as loom was a mass of fine thin wires with the exact same colour insulation (white) when I did get to the general area…they do have a code on them that identifies them but try get those codes..thats a totally deliberate plan imo…Ive seen italian motorbikes and bigger machines wired in the oddest/least logical way that pale in comparison to how this was set up spiders web of mostly identical wires.

small fault wire rubbing and isulation worn off..short renders tractor mostly unusuable (ok so far ..**** happens) …manufacturer deliberately leaves it almost impossible to perform a simple fix deliberately (not OK)….it should be join wire, shrink wrap and get going again without a half day of headaches ..and if you cant get that far as they calculate a large percentage wont (then do not pass go you are now trapped in the web and at the mercy of probably some apprentice with a laptop that may or may not locate the fault at some stage and should be out to you next tuesday when its already pissing rainf …but dont worry he will sure as hell charge you a tasty hourly rate if its out of warranty etc…..no problem even paying for routine maintenance but to be forcibly reduced to an economic unit to be squeezed as much as possible if anything goes wrong and more and more hurldles put in your way when it comes to having some measure of control on your machinery…..well you probably know from this rant how I feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭minerleague

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

There's light at the end of every tunnel, John Deere are starting to lay off employees.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

They got too greedy, upped price of everything including gators by 20 percent 2 years ago.

I heard New Holland in Basildon is back to three days a week and Strautmann has more or less stopped production. No harm to put a squeeze on them, they've no one to blame but themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭jaymla627

How they reckoned farmers would keep buying is the strangest part, bought a immaculate puma 160 full spec 2200 hours with new front links/pto in may 2020 for 65k incl vat, 10k allowed for trade in, after finance was cleared, shes costing 919 a month for 5 years…

New model 2020/21 165's your looking at 110k incl vat at same hours, with current intrest rates your looking at 2k a month repayments over 5 years, thats basically a 100% inflation in machinery costs over 4 years and milk prices are a bit higher by maybe 20% since 2020 very hard to square that circle….

Would a dealer add 10 percent onthe price compared to private sale?

That was cheap Jay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭jaymla627

she was, the fact the vat was paid on her she didnt suit a contractor, and at the time case where seen as a poor mans new holland, traded in a 2016 t6 140 with 5500 hours and a loader against it, thinking back that tractor cost 70k incl vat with a loader, elite spec and was a year old with 800 hours on her, you would be talking again around the 100k plus incl vat for a similiar new holland today

Tractors are only going to get more expensive. They are reducing production not prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

That leaves the door open for tractor manufacturers in Turkey, India, China.

Same happened with the traditional car manufacturers of Europe and US. First Japan got in. Now China have the battery car market.

You don't create more demand for a product by making it more expensive bar you create a luxury item which tractors are not supposed to be. Supposed to be essential and do the job. Up to now the western tractor manufacturers bought the competition to keep demand strong and a monopoly for their products.

Now as above. Japan and kubota are in.

Japan are in with 50 years because everything produced in Europe and the US up to then was pure rubbish. Toyota changed that and they were not a cheaper option.

99% of farmers won't be driving around in **** box chinese tractors regardless of the cost of the New Hollands or Case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I'll keep driving my Czech slovakian 1991 8145 crystal for the foreseeable at the prices talked about here.

Rough and ready but doing everything and contract use on the side.

A lot of the New tractors a buying are surely for vanity moreso than ability and safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭White Clover

8145 are a good tractor. Has it a Zetor cab or Duncan cab?

• Advertisement

A sales rep from McHales who sell the Komatsu machines was in with the quarry beside us wondering if he was interested in trying a new crusher or screener. Quarry owner said no, I don't want a new machine, sales rep kept onto him. In the end he got it out of the rep that they're finding it difficult to move the larger machines and there's very few new order's coming in.

Advertisement