Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 channels question

Options
  • 07-06-2024 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I haven't had ITV, E4 or Film4 for some time, and I am trying to get E4 back if possible.

Auto Search doesn't find it, but I did a Manual Search and managed to find both E4 and Film4; however, that knocked out all of my other satellite channels.

I did another Manual Search using different settings and thankfully got the rest of the channels back (including ITV this time!), but E4 and Film4 were gone again.

Should it be possible to find E4 without losing the other channels? I'm afraid to mess around with it too much in case I can't get the other channels back again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭andy1249

Videos from the lads here ….. how to add a transponder is the one your looking for.

E4 and Film 4 are on the same transponder

https://www.freetv.ie/triax-tsc114-saorview-combo-user-manual/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 m0niker

Thanks Andy.

I tried that using the settings here:

but the box couldn't find any channels?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I would be rescanning 28.2 to pick up new transponders are and see if the box is actually getting a good signal and be using the HD versions if working ,some are not and you have to view SD versions.

I have done regular scans since the channels went, but that hasn't ever worked

Its an old video but shows the way to get your channels .

• Advertisement

Thanks but that's just the auto scan. I've done that regularly but that doesn't find itv, e4 etc

Might your dish have moved then if not picking up those channels .

My e4 is working on that setting

Do you have the ITV in Hd working?

The dish hasn't moved, and I was eventually able to find ITV again by doing a manual search using a different satellite setting. The auto search searches 28.2 East, but I got ITV back by using 28.3 West.

I had found E4 as well previously by doing a manual search but can't remember what settings I used, and the rest of the channels couldn't be found on whatever settings I had used.

Does not make sense picking it up in opposite direction .

Any new movements are picked up on a fresh scan and info on Kingofsat for all sats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Satellite boxes use a list of known frequencies for each satellite. For simplicity, when you select a certain satellite, the box uses that list. In most cases the box doesn't actually know which satellite it is looking at. As there are a limited number of frequencies available, you will often find similar settings repeated on different satellites. Which one you actually receive is purely down to the direction the dish is pointing to. Obviously over time these lists get outdated. This is why some people think they are getting UK channels on European satellites etc. Its simply coincidence.
    AFAIK there is no 28.3W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭goldiefresh

Your doing an auto scan. But the channels your looking for are on a transponder that's new enough on astra (well new in relation to that triax receiver so the preloaded default transponders are out of date. Long story short follow that video above but change auto scan to blind scan and your good to go. Just remember to delete all channels first to make sure the ones you get are from your fresh install. That particular receiver has given me plenty of nightmares but take the time (and you'll need it) to set it up right using favourites and it makes it a tiny teeny weeny bit more tolerable 🤣

Advertisement