Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I locked in now.

Options
  • 07-06-2024 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

I have been renting a 1 bed in waterford for past 8 years . Because I have been there so long my rent was very cheap. 653 a month. The landlord came on the phone in January and said because he couldnt raise the rent more than 2% would I mind taking on the management fees of 100 euro a month. I probably should have said no but because 750 is still cheap and I didnt want to find myself having to look for a new place I reluctantly said yes now I regret that decision. A few weeks ago I got a new 1 year lease in the door which includes my agreement that I pay those management fees which means he can increase the rent and Ill be liable for any increase in managment fees also. Ive been paying the extra 100 euro since feb so I am wondering if its too late to change my mind

Advertisement