Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recliner

Options
  • 07-06-2024 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Could anyone recommend someone in or near Dublin area to look at recliner mechanism on front seat?

One of my front seats will not come up fully straight. There's a lever on the chair that when lifted up allows adjusting the angle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,327 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Have you inspected the mechanism closely? There could be something lodged in it, like a coin.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McOptimist

Nothing lodged in it that i could see. So hoping to bring it to someone who can sort it.

Look for a good car upholsterer?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McOptimist

Good idea, never thought of them. Any recommendations of one in Dublin area?

Nolan's have a good reputation, but may be expensive. I have no personal experience of them however.

https://nolanautocare.ie/

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

The Nolan site says they are only taking on trade work.

Any other recommendations in / near Dublin, my Merc 123 seat needs to be resprung.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Might be worth taking the seat out and clamping it to a workbench/table.

You will be able to see what's going on and lubricate the mechanism.

Advertisement