Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a new Tesco Mobile SIM card (PAYG) activated

Options
  • 08-06-2024 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Having very little idea of how to get a new Tesco Mobile SIM card (PAYG) activated. The card is supposed to have no credit with it and it needs to get topped up with a certain amount before a mobile number is assigned. Is it a way to get it activiated online before it gets topped up by some means afterwards?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Afaik there is something like 50c credit on the SIM.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9 papan

Thanks for your reply.

If there is 50c credit on the new SIM card, does it mean by inserting the card to the phone, the assigned mobile number then will be messaged by SMS?

Sorry, I don't know. My answer above may be out of date...

Are you trying to avoid having to top up?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9 papan

Thanks again for you reply.

I am not trying to avoid having to top up. I am confused how one can get the new SIM card topped up before having its assigned mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I know it's a bit late now but Would you not have asked when you bought it? Alternatively it's very hard to believe it didn't come with instructions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

last time I picked up a Tesco mobile prepaid sim in the shop (even just to look at) it had the phone number on the bottom of the pack. If you still have it you could look at that- granted it might have changed now but they used to print the number on the outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Some androids show the phone number in Settings > About Phone > Status

Pretty sure the number is on the actual SIM as well.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

for a tesco sim card pay as u go call 1740 and press 3 and it will give ye the mobile number

Advertisement