Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Open 2024- Pinehurst No. 2- 13th to 16th June

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Why would you call the man a cretin? He is a human being, tried his best and just came up short. That last putt he missed was literally millimetres from going in. He was utterly devastated after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I believe he was referring to dechambeau unless I'm mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Where did I say anything about hanging around? He was 50 feet from the 18th green. Dechambeau was in the scorers room less than 5 mins after he holed his putt. McIlroy was pissed off, who wouldn’t be in that situation? But no other golfer walks off like the way he did. By the time Dechambeau got into sign his card McIlroy was halfway down the motorway.

The no media thing is a load of nonsense, he’s entitled not to talk if he doesn’t want to. What was he going to say that the whole world wasn’t already aware of anyway. I think hitting the road before even a sporting handshake with Dechambeau was awful form. Look at Spieth in 2016 when he blew the Masters. He was in a state of shock and probably had no other choice handed to him by the Augusta cult but he handled himself brilliantly, as a 20 or 21 year old. McIlroy handled himself brilliantly as well after he blew the masters in 2011, which incidentally was the best masters Sunday in the last 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are mixing things up, I'm not calling Rory a cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Same as myself, I remember when I first started playing golf in the early 90’s The Open being called the British open regularly in the club I played at. I would still refer to it as the British Open although I understand it’s official name is The Open Championship. I think there is a similar hang up about The Masters and people referring to it as the US Masters.

It's not that big of a deal imo we all know what is being referred to anyway whether it’s The Open or the British Open or the Masters or the US Masters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement