Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning an Eir F3000 modem into a repeater

Options
  • 09-06-2024 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have two Eir F3000 fiber modems. Can I turn one of them into a repeater?

The main modem is downstairs and the 2.4g network will reach about 2/3 of the house. I have a Tapo plug-in extender that worked with the much slower Imagine broadband that has just been replaced, but it severely restricts the speed. If possible, I would think that the second F3000 modem (as an extender/repeater) would be faster.

We use the internet for surfing and business, no gaming. I don't really understand the technicalities but I can find my way around the modem menus etc but have not found a "repeater'' type function. I believe that the Bridge function won't work as I cannot hardwire the two modems together.

I fully appreciate that I could go out and buy a mesh hub for €99 but I have this second modem….

Thank you.

Advertisement