Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Inconsistent treatment

Options
  • 09-06-2024 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

I would like to have an explanation why my post on the “The sexual abuser who was born with Thalidomide defects” thread was deleted and got warning points, while other posts with the same content were kept on thread.

I do not expect the warning points to be removed, and I would like to have an explanation why my post was treated differently to others. This is not the first time that I was handed warning points + a forum ban for “trolling” by the same moderator who refuses to engage in PM discussions. It is frustrating and I am tired of being accused of trolling for having a different opinion to the moderator.

Post edited by awec on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

This is the post that I got a warning point for, and which was also deleted.

The victims were 17-24 years olds. It’s not unreasonable to question why they went along with this, and why they were asked to assist the teacher in the first place. It’s not victim blaming.”

If you check the thread you can see that it was in relation to a discussion which was kept undeleted, and therefore presumably not as “offensive” as my post. I would really like to understand how my post warranted a warning and deletion, while the main discussion was allowed to remain.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Are you appealing the warning? The purpose of this forum is appeals, not discussing other posters or moderation.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Yes, I am, because I don’t think I should have received this warning given the context and rationale provided.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Have you PM'd the moderator in question?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Yes, on June 3rd. As usual I did not get a response.

• Advertisement

PM'ing the mod is the first step. Can you bump it?

H. H. Asquith

Sure. Though I did complete step 1 by sending the PM and getting ignored.

Moderator did reply but refuses to clarify my questions regarding their decision, so can you please have a look at it.

Can you post the PM exchange here?

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Is this being looked at?

@ancapailldorcha

Post edited by Jequ0n on

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I'm upholding this as it is textbook victim blaming. Your defence is to ask about other users which is not a defence.

Let me know if you would like an admin to review.

H. H. Asquith

Yes, I would like an admin to review. I am questioning why I received this warning/ post deletion and others did not.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

ICYMI @awec or @Beasty or @Big Bag of Chips or @Mickeroo the OP has exhausted all avenues of appeal and has requested an admin review please.

Cheers.

-Shield

• Administrators Posts: 53,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Reviewing this.

Hi @Jequ0n ,

I have reversed this warning as I feel other posters made similar comments that were not sanctioned.

awec.

Thank you

Closing this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement