Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Council Job

• 09-06-2024 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Hi

I’m looking for advice on how to apply for Jobs with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council.

I have sent my CV to them and was told just to keep an eye out on their
    website for general operatives jobs. That was over a year ago and
    haven’t seen one advertised since.

I know they have taken on people since then, but cannot find out where
    they advertise the jobs or is it that you have to know someone to get a
    word in for you?

I have also been looking at the Local Government job site and still no joy on that either.

I’m currently in a job that I have to get out of for my own sanity as I cant work in a toxic atmosphere much longer. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It would be advertised on their website here. They won't take a CV, you just have to wait for it to come up and then there will be an application form for the job. By the looks of it the last open competition they had was the end of 2022.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Cheers for that, how often do they have an open competition for jobs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Would depend on when they are needed I would say. The last ones before that were Jan 2021 and May 2018.

Advertisement