Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a workshop.

Options
  • 10-06-2024 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I have converted my shed into a nice size workshop and I'm wondering if I can hire it out to someone who is in need of a woodworking space. Thank you.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭STEEL COMET

I’d be checking for insurance first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

You now have industrial building so rates are payable also you may have planning requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Technically you would require planning permission for a change of use (€3.60 per Sq Meter planning fee). Once you have that you would require a fire cert (€2.80 per square meter fee) and a disable access cert (€800 flat fee). You will need to provide welfare facilities to including fresh water and sewage treatment of some type. You will also need to cover it with insurance and ensure your tenant has insurance to cover you. This is all if you want a proper lease where all parties are protected.

Post edited by Anto_Meath on

Advertisement