Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Ireland, tax refund?

Options
  • 10-06-2024 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, I have left Ireland and would like to get a tax refund. My revenue.ie account already has the new postal address in a new EU country.

Would logging into "my account" on revenue.ie and "claiming unemployment repayment" be the only activity I have to do?

( I don't want to claim unemployment but a tax refund, hence that question)

https://www.revenue.ie/en/life-events-and-personal-circumstances/moving-to-or-from-ireland/leaving-ireland/are-you-entitled-to-a-refund-of-tax.aspx

Would they refund me the whole tax I've paid in Ireland? Or also the USC?

This would only cover the year 2024?

What about the year 2023? ( I've only worked 3 months in Ireland and was also resident in another EU country prior )

Could I reclaim the tax for this short employment in 2023 as well? Would this be a different process, like filling out the P50? ( not the same process as for the year 2024 where the P50 apparently doesn't seem to be required)

Any help and experience is welcome.

Comments

Advertisement