Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reseeding question

Options
  • 10-06-2024 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello, I wanted to reseed a field using a direct drill with no ploughing or power harrowing involved as too many stones would be pulled up.

I was wondering what would be the right way to go about this. The field got limed last year. I was thinking, spray off the current crop of silage that’s on it now and then in 2 weeks cut and bale that. Then apply fertiliser and stitch in the grass, it’s clover we’re sowing. I was wondering about the fertiliser part, If I spread slurry before seeding would it affect the drill and if I spread after would it smother the new grass trying to sprout. Never even attempted reseeding before so any advice would be welcome.

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement