Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Place to Source Realtively Mature Olive Trees

Options
  • 10-06-2024 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any tips on where I might source olive trees at a decent price. Need to buy around 7 or 8 relatively mature trees and wondering where is best value. Happy to travel anywhere to pick them up.

thanks

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Caragh or Tullys in lusk would be my go to places for this .

Try not buying them online .

You could look for a large osmanthus which is will probably adapt well to the weather and looks similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Have you experience with them?

Not trying to be smart only asking cos my mother had this thing in her head and she gifted me two.

To make a long story short they had a miserable couple of years before they died a slow death. Maybe there are different types and some are more suitable to our weather than others, but I wouldn't try again. In the end I could crack them and pull them from the ground with my bare hands. They had literally rotted away from the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Yes I got a large osmanthus multi stem from caragh 4 years back .

Large Osmanthus x Fortunei Parachute Form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

We got two from small ones from Lidl a few years back. After 2.5 years we had to dig up and remove as they were growing so well and so fast they were starting to take over.Simply didnt expect olive trees to grow so well here!

• Advertisement
Advertisement