Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running 2 pumped showers at same time.

Options
  • 10-06-2024 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have 2 Mira elite se showers (tank fed/pumped) installed in a house.

It's a rental so I don't have access to it/them.

Is it possible to run the 2 showers at the same time, or can they only be run one at a time?

Could running them at the same time cause the motor(s) to burn out?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Both pumped directly off a hot-tank, right? Then usually yes they will be fine unless the water feed is undersized and they end up scavenging off each other. @Sleeper12 will know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You can run two power showers at the same time but not electric showers like the mira Elite SE.

There is a strong chance that you will blow the ESB fuse. I think they charge you around €150 each time this happens.

You can install a priority / non priority switch. This will only allow one shower to run at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Thanks for the help guys, yeah, I believe the electrician installed that switch.

I have a tenant that is complaining that they can't run 2 showers at the same time-In all fairness, most houses have only one bathroom, they have 2 and this is one of their complaints. The joys of it.

I can see that it's inconvenient not being able to use two showers at the same time but it is a real 1st world complaint. It's not like LL is doing something on the cheap and tenants suffering. This is the same setup in almost all privately owned homes.

Pretty sure 3 phase is required to be able to run both at the same time. Very few homes have that

Yeah, I'm in 100% agreement, this is the kind of stuff that unfortunately has caused me to raise their rent more than I normally would. It has taken about 4 hours of my time. There was also an issue with the quality of the drinking water, it comes from the mains, so it's the same as everyone else gets, but apparently they sat it's poison- so I had to deal with emails and messages back and forth from them, they wanted the water tested, so had to do the research to figure out if I was responsible for this, even though I wasn't , it still takes my time.

They have a very limited timeframe where I can go check out the property, this means that i'm caught in traffic leaving my town and arriving in their town, adding 90 minutes to the time it should take. This all adds up, so my other tenants receive 2% per annum increase, they receive 3.5% Increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

PIA tax☺️. Haven't people little to worry about.

lol- that's exactly it- I'm actually going to write that in the rent review notice- And the thing is, any time something is broken I'm back and replace it within the wee— washing machine, fridge, broken shower, boiler etc.

Sorry for going off topic.🙏

We all need to get stuff off our chest once in a while 👍

Advertisement